PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panic Attack Man Tries To Storm Cockpit
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2010, 15:40
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you F3G re your post on cabin crew being different to airline management.....spot on

Thats maybe why etrang thourght I was being emotional. When I spend every single working day putting safety as my top priority and working with Pilots who do the same it is hard when you read on here that pax think that all we are interested in is profit above all else.

I don't doubt that in my own, and probably most other airlines their are middle managers and execs who would rather not have to consider safety above profit as for them it is irritating as their annual bonus depends on the airlines profit.

Thankfully for all of us, crew and pax, they are the meat in the sandwich. Above them are the CAA who do all the stuff re cost/benefit that is way above my paygrade but these managers are answerable to them. They have to comply with what the CAA say.

Below middle management are the Pilots and CC, the people who you guys meet on every flight. We go nowhere if the plane is not airworthy as the Pilot just would not accept it for flight regardless of delay costs. In addition I have been on numerous flights where we have been delayed on the ground because of "minor" issues which needed sorting out and signed off by our engineers. They don't rush this because of our on time performance/costs..... it takes as long as it takes.

Whatever your opinions of airline management motives please remember that at the end of the day your safety on that flight depends on the crew rostered on it. I have yet to meet any Captain in all my years of flying that would take any cr*p from the beancounters re profit over safety.

LCD