PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building: Questions, Ideas, Advice, Countries etc
Old 5th Jul 2002, 04:27
buttline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any problems logging P1 time in LA B206?

I've been through all of Whirlybird's and others threads about flying with Chuck and Phillipe on the 206 News copter / tourist helicopter hours building program in LA. Seems like great experience and fun (thanks for the info Whirly and Flying Lawyer). I'm already in the U.S. so thinking about going for it myself.

However, the issue over whether or not there'd be problems logging the time as P1 is a concern as I'm aiming to do 100+hrs so I will definitely want them to count - anyone had a problem with this or got a definitive answer / piece of paper from the CAA saying it's ok?

I've (almost) got a JAA CPL(H) (and FAA PPLH) with 206 type rating and did 40hrs dual in the 206 for my CPL, including the GFT so they'd be just hoursbuilding, not part of my CPL hours.

If there are problems, do you think just converting to an FAA CPL(H) first would solve them?

Someone (seniorish) from the CAA SRG group is out moderating our exams next week as we're the first batch of Heli ATP exam takers so I'll see what he has to say and will let you know...

Cheers