PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Lesson 1:01: How To Seriously Upset A Group Of Premium Customers
Old 5th Feb 2010, 13:26
Scumbag O'Riley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't bother me that some people get their own bus to the bus. They have paid large amounts of money to get a slightly better version of precooked/chilled/reheated food, and they do get to the destination a few milliseconds before me, and if they want a separate bus and the airline is happy to oblige then it's nowt to do with me.

They can look down their noses at me, through their fizzy plonk they could get for a tenner at Oddbins, for sitting in a rubbish seat. I will look down on them, across the heads of 200 people squeezed into a space the size of a biscuit tin, for paying ridiculous amounts of cash for what is not a very significantly better level of service. After all the important thing is getting there safe and on time and (barring the milliseconds aluded to earlier) we both get that bit of service at precisely the same level no matter where you sit. My jet lag the day after will be exactly the same as anybody else on that plane, sitting in a lumpy seat that goes flat and then gets called a lumpy bed doesn't affect your body clock one iota.

And I suppose they might be subsidising my cattle truck experience, but more fool them I say, and whereas they think they are paying for separate busses and canapes and a couple of olives, if truth be known, any spare money the airline has after paying for said olive is going into their already feather bedded employees' pension pot. Whereas the money I save by flying in the back is going into mine. It sure isn't going into improving levels of inflight service, your money or mine.