PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL Leipzig Interview
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2010, 08:44
flyhalf2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the job

Roster. For an FO.

I currently get, 4-5 on, 3-4 off. sometimes I might be away for 6-7 day then have 5-6 off.
Feb for example; 8 days leave, 4 on, 4 off, 2 sim, 5 off, 5 on, 3 off.
There's talk of a fixed roster coming back week on week off, but don't hold your breath!!!
Captains seem to work a lot harder, with shorter day off breaks.
Depending on where you live some of your days off will be used to travel to Leipzig. I live in the UK and travel, I can make it work. If I lived in Leipzig it would be a doddle.
Everything moves at night, we arrive in LEJ from all over Europe at between 9pm and midnight. Sit around drinking coffee and putting the world to rights. Then scamble at between 1am and 4am.
We get to the hotel in time for breakfast, go to bed and sleep. Some stops are short 11-12 hrs, so enough time to sleep, eat, shower and off! Others can be 24-36 hrs, enough to get out to see the city, eat out and get drunk (safely). We meet up and go to the airport in the evening to go back to LEJ, for another coffee and put the world to rights again.
Last year I did 280 hrs and saw several new cities, sat in squares and piazzas drinking coffee in the sun watching the world go by. Colleagues are great, work easy if you have the right frame of mind. Management poor, they don't plan, just fire fight, man management nil!!!

Good luck and enjoy, maybe see you in Leipzig crew room for pork and potatoes...