PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Visa violation by New Zealander
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2002, 00:45
A-V-8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baronvonmildred

Yup, they are getting very strict on visa violations in the US.

This is good and this is bad. Good for us who follow the rules, bad for the guy who gets arrested on an immigration charge.

Apparently, for legal reasons I don't fully understand, immigration violations are not subject to the same civil rights as our criminal system. There are people who have been locked up for two years without a lawyer while the goverment tries to find out what they were really up to.

It used to be that schools didn't tell Immigration when a student dropped out/left/graduated from school. Now the School computers are being crosslinked to the I.N.S. computers.
Didn't help at all when Mohammed Atta got his visa six months after 911.

A tourist visa is to tour; it is not a visa to go to flight school. Renting an airplane for a spin around the patch while on a toursist visa not the same as enrolling in an FAA approved course leading to certifications.

I would maintain that anyone on a tourist visa who enrolled in a course of instruction leading to a certification as a US FAA Airman be stripped of their license. Fruits of the Forbidden Tree; you were here on a tourist visa, not a student visa.

I'm a US citizen married to an Asian woman who jumped thru the hoops; got a Green Card, and became a naturalized citizen as soon as she could.

But she seems to be in the minority as far as I can see.

My soloution to the immigration problem here in the US is a $200 reward for every illegal immigrant you turn in, and a $400 fine for every one you turn in who is not an illegal.

Flushing New York, central Miami, San Francisco and Los Angeles would become ghost towns overnight.