PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Five people to face Concorde crash trial
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2010, 00:17
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M2dude;

The list speaks for itself and is disconcerting. Much could be said but I think would be redundant as most will understand the broader issues here.

I would like to ask you what the nature of the AF flight data monitoring program for the Concorde was. BTSC had a QAR so I am assuming there was an active data-monitoring program. I wonder first, if the aggregate data was ever kept or was it routinely destroyed after a period of time. More importantly, was the quality and capability of the program such that other "events" were captured and if so, what they may have told those examining the data and where indicated, what may have changed in operations as a result of the data.

I realize that the time the aircraft was in operation was long before sophisticated computer analysis capability but I also know that BA has run a data analysis program since the late-50's and so was doing rudimentary analysis even then.

Concurrent with the list you have posted which is serious enough, some knowledge of the long-term operational issues as captured and naturally reported to the operations people in routine data analysis might be of relevance. In any case, I'm just asking, nothing more intended.

In any case, thanks for your welcome contributions.

PJ2