PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - America West crew arrested @ MIA (Update - Sentences)
Old 5th Jul 2002, 00:12
Pegasus77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Constable... My guess is your post is more based on personal frustration than on the actual affair with the two AW-pilots.

I most sincerely hope, granted they indeed were under influence, they will be convicted, but I don't wish anyone to be (and I quote) <<getting @ss-slammed and throat-f*cked by every "Crip", "Blood", "Bandito" and and "La Eme" member drug-dealer/outlaw/scumbag type the Florida prison system has to offer as potential cell-mate material>> against their own will.

What strikes me in this case, is that most alcohol-prevention-programs usually are based on 1 of the two being under influence; both pilots at the same time is surprising to me and to my best knowledge, unheard of before.

This affair is not only damaging for America West, it damages all of us. I hope we won't get the same breathalizer-madness as we have security-madness now as pilots, where we have to give of our nailclipper to get it shredded, but remain with our two hands, which both are very able of crashing an airplane. I don't like to be treated as under criminal investigation just for going to work.

BTW wouldn't a breathalizer not be a good idea in the OR in an hospital? In an ATC-unit? etc.

P77