PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opportunity with start-up in Hawaii - NZ company
Old 4th Feb 2010, 22:27
tail wheel

Received 232 Likes on 123 Posts
PPRuNe does not support scams of this nature. Normally threads of this nature would be removed - to protect those who are intellectually challenged - but on this occasion I left the thread in view, hoping there would be some rational posts.

A fool and his money are easily parted!

Doesn't the concept of a NZ company starting PA31 operations in the US cause alarm bells to ring? Would you not question whether there is a financially viable niche in the Hawaii aviation scene? Indeed, does the proposer actually hold a US FAA air operators certificate and have the requisite aircraft and facilities?

I have no knowledge of this scam but it occurs to me that even if you pay funds into a trust, there must be a trust agreement that gives some form of discretionary control to the scammer - and problems of jurisdiction if you were to test the matter in Court! It will cost far more than your $20,000 loss in legal fees and processes involved in international Court jurisdiction determination.

Why on earth would any employer want to employ Kiwi or Aussie pilots to fly a PA31 in Hawaii? Surely you don't think the US Dept of Immigration would support that scenario when unemployed pilots in the US are a dime a dozen?

I suspect the scammer or his representative may have posted on or viewed this thread and am carrying out an IP search on all posts.

Unbelievable anyone would take this scam seriously!

Walk away and gain employment on your merit and qualifications. Any employer of integrity will never ask for advance fees or bonds.

Caveat Emptor!