PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 21:22
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair

Since my post of 2 Feb, Ryanair has made yet another change to its summer 2010 schedule. Bydgoszcz and Kaunas were announced as additions for the coming summer but Rimini has now disappeared from the web timetable and booking engine.

This means that of the French and Italian routes introduced for last summer from July only Limoges currently remains. I stress currently because the FR summer 10 timetable at BRS has been a work in progress since well before Christmas and I wouldn't bet anything on today's being the final version.

At the moment 123 weekly rotations are shown of which 24 are operated by non-BRS aircraft judging from the timings.

Aer Arann/Aer Lingus Regonal

The Aer Arann website shows the Cork-Bristol route as being 6 times weekly. Last summer it was daily.

Western Walkway

This structure is certainly eye-catching. I wouldn't call it a thing of beauty - too boxlike in appearance for my taste - but that of course is a subjective judgement.

It's said to be about 400 metres in length but will be restricted in amenities to comply with its general permitted development status.

I am sure there will be moans from some about the distance they have to walk but at least the airport can play the Green card by pointing out they are saving on bus fuel and emissions.