PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 20:30
Amelia Earhart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That rumour about EZY and LDY has been round since the dawn of time. Would they really operate from LDY as well as BFS and recently BHD? All three airports?

However taking the 1st rumour (Aer Arann to EDI and MAN)

Heard a rumour that Aer Arann are to start flights to Manchester and Edinburgh in the summer
with the 2nd rumour of a 2nd announcement next week

Here's hoping the "other" airline ALPHA ECHO was referring to in his since vanished post this morning
together with the 3rd rumour from the reporter who may after all simply read this forum

A friend who works for a certain local paper was telling me there is a sniff of a rumour that EZY are looking into LDY - LTN or LDY - LGW . . . . My reporter friend seems to think there could be more than one big announcement next week
and putting that all together with the journal article when the new manager was hired

Airport chief hopes to secure Madrid, Paris routes - Derry Today

where he mentions
places like Manchester, Edinburgh, Bristol and, possibly, into one of the business hubs in London like Gatwick or Heathrow
and
we are discussing this type of route development with two of the main carriers in that market [smaller complementary routes that the big low cost airlines don't fly to - which would seems to rule out EZY]
I can only confirm that there are certainly alot of rumours! Just look at the number of posts in the last few days. I hope we're not all disappointed!