PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - looking for A320 jobs
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 19:01
MrBenip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look guys I'm fed up with hearing all this crap and useless insults. I'm a 14000hr Capt on Airbus and seen the ups and downs once or twice before in this industry so let me try and tell you the way it is - Supply & Demand -It's as simple as that! It always has been! This time is a little different though because of reckless lending (and borrowing) that in times before wasn't so easy and the leeches are out there to grab your money & take avantage of you, whether they are the training schools, agencies or airlines.

When I started flying training (the self improver route, paying as and when I could afford it) they were all telling me the same story i.e. you'll never get a job. Things suddenly changed though (as they SURELY will again) and I got straight in a jet job with CPL/IR and only 700 hrs TT, meanwhile a friend of mine was put on the payroll whilst he finished his CPL revision sitting on the beach!! After about 3 mnths he was flying a jet. Simples - more seats than arses at the time. At the moment there are more arses than seats and you guys arn't being patient and the airlines are only too quick to make their move and dress it up to make it look advantageous to YOU.

You all think by throwing money at it you will be the "One" who gets the job and jump the queue. Yes, there will always be one on here saying it worked for him, but there are loads with same hours etc that wern't as lucky - get it? how luck do you feel?

Trouble is you're all paying through the nose and it is becoming the NORM, so no advantage to you. Back to square one then but £30000 lighter. So now the airlines are using the situation well to their advantage (and the agencies too.) This is why the insults are coming from fellow pilots because at the moment you are all ruining Terms and Conditions not only for us that are already established but also for yourselves in the future, and us old farts know that even in the good times it's bloody hard work trying to even up the balance again in "the good times" and get back what they've taken off us.

Yes, I would have got a job a couple of years earlier if I had thrown loadsamoney at it in order to jump the queue but I joined free of debt - sweet. Look, all of you, STOP and WAIT and don't let these airlines take advantage of you, they will never hire you when there are more suckers to pay for the coveted seat after your £30000 'training' has run out.

Shake hands with the new "F/O" as you get off the airplane on your last training,he has just added to your woes by depriving you of a decent paid job just like you did to someone else when you started your 'training'. Just WAIT and be PATIENT and start your career as debt free as possible for the sake of yourselves and the whole messy industry.

If the airlines shake the pilot tree and no more fall out they will be DESPERATE to hire ANYONE, as seats need arses and it's as simple as that. Stick two fingers up to the terms and conditions these leeches are offering you and just be PATIENT otherwise you will be paying a loan equivalent to most people's mortgage and for as long! What life-style is that? You will regret it soon enough once you're doing 4 sector days and permantly fatigued whilst buckling under the debt you put yourself in just to turn up for work.

Why should you be the one to stand aside? - well,when you walk into a job during the next upturn and your mate in the crew room bemoans the fact his extra debt he is paying off in order to have got him there a year earlier is screwing up his life now and for the next 20yrs then you might enjoy your 4 sector day a little better and the money you earn is yours to enjoy. Argue with the facts and the moral of the story if you like it's YOU who's paying and the airlines are luvvin it.

P.S. to "justcantwait" your handle says it all and your post as well. If you justcantwait, then pay-up (borrow) and be damned and take everyone else down with you - be assured the airlines will love you - for only 60 sectors!

Last edited by MrBenip; 4th Feb 2010 at 19:12.