PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2002, 23:08
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This reply to my so called representative has probably burnt any remnants of a bridge left, but hell, it made me feel better:

Thank you for your letter of 25th June. I note your preference for the postal service over ‘Fax your MP’, so, on this occasion, I am using it.

I would find your dismissal of my request to sign EDM 829 easier to understand if you found the 1400 or so other ‘incredibly important issues “to be debated at an early day”’ equally unmeritorious of your attention.

From the 25 EDMs that have recently caught your imagination, I am disappointed to find that (among others) EDM 643 (That this House notes that the National Anthem is no longer broadcast on BBC 1 at the end of each day's programming before the transition to News 24; believes that the broadcasting of the National Anthem at the end of BBC 1's programming is a proud tradition that should be restored; and calls on the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport to do everything she can to encourage the BBC to reinstate this convention at the earliest opportunity) is more worthy of your signature than an attempt to ensure governmental fair play with the reputations of two of its former servants.