Thread: Pilot Salaries
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 13:07
keithskye

The Ego
Has Landed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Pilot Salaries

I posted this in response to a thread about GEX salaries, but I think it might be appropriate to make it a thread all its own. Regarding what each of us gets paid for the type of aircraft we fly, here is my thought on the subject:

It all comes down to who you work for and what they are willing to pay, and what you are willing to work for, as well as the conditions of your employment (how nice is the job and the person or company you work for?).

I fly a CL604 based in the UK, and I am paid $163,000 USD, or at today's exchange rate, 102,000 GBP, or 117,000 Euro. I get $120/day per diem when away from base (75 GBP or 85 Euro). Although I have been told that I should be paid more, as I am the Chief Pilot as well as the Captain on the 604 (and have a lot of office type duties), the owner is very nice most of the time, and I have good layovers with an easy flying schedule (25 hours/month max and spend a lot of time hanging out in Cannes). I think my salary is more than reasonable. The only thing that I don't like is that I'm paid in US dollars, which can be bad when the exchange rate fluctuates against the dollar and you are paying all your bills in GBP.

What are some of you being paid for the type of aircraft you are flying, and where are you based? I think if a lot of us put that info forward, we would all have a better understanding of the market and what we can reasonably expect for salary on the different types of aicraft in various geographical locations. Where you are based or live does have a bearing on what is an appropriate salary, so I would expect to see some differences relative to that issue.