PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Australian GA pilots annual award review 2009-10
Old 4th Feb 2010, 04:09
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some questions.

1. When was the Award first published?... I'm lead to believe it was around the early 80's.
2. How was the award calculated? was it compared to other professions at the time? or was it based on the industry standard's at the time?
3. Since it's conception what has been the yearly increase? and how does that compare to other professions like Teachers, Nurses, police etc....
4. Why is it the AFAP are the guardians of the AWARD?
5. Why is it that increases to holding a Commercial licence... ie.. medical costs, ASIC, documents etc... have not been included as a pay increase?
6. Why is it that the award never gets cpi increases?
7. Why is that Professfional pilots get paid well below the Average wage, when other profesions like Teachers and nurses get close to or the average wage?
8. Why has the AFAP traditionally sat on it's hands and never helped GA.

I think it's time for GA union and as an earlier poster suggested have it a a branch of the TWU.

All pilots whether in GA or Airlines should be lobbying the FWA to increase the award. It's in everyones interest to see the bottom of the tree get a increase.