PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Acl/safair C130
Thread: Acl/safair C130
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 03:30
AAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16blader,

Someone better inform all the SA companies that flies for the UN and RC in these countries. I am sure that SAX is also going to have problems with their operation in the DRC (also a recognised conflict zone).

Yes, thats how the law stands. No bussiness in a conflict zone.

In DRC there have at least been "supposed free and fair internationally observed elections", so could be viewed different situation.

As for Darfur, if secession takes place by the South soon after the forthcoming farcicle election, it will indeed be a wholesale full-scale war situation between the North and South, and nobody will want to be there or fly there.

But once again, who is driving, and arming these tensions, better still, paying for the "assistance" to the South. (Same people financing the fiasco in Somalia?). Is the interest and motivation to help perhaps driven by a common denominator; the oil discovered in Southern Sudan and its neighbour Somalia's Souther provinces?

Yes - I feel the same about involvement and interference in Darfur.

AAL- You obviously have something against the AU for their ops in Somalia. Do you feel the same about their involvement in Darfur?

Yes. Whose financing their involvement in Darfur (and Somalia)?

Your biggest problem seems to be with Safair, as I have noticed from some of your previous posts. Why don't you go to the hotel where they stay and ask them what they load on their flights. You can normally find about 20 of the guys in the bar having a few over the weekends.

I dont have to speak to and ask Safair crew what they load and fly, see with my own eyes and they wouldnt tell anyway or even necessarily know themselves what's loaded in the crates they fly.