PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Australian GA pilots annual award review 2009-10
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 22:08
bonvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Employers know this and they are out to exploit you, to the max
They have been doing this for donkeys years and have honed their skills over this time to include pay for endorsements etc, etc.

I reckon they will continue to do so forever whilst there is an endless stream of wannabes who will work for bugger all or close to it to fulfill the dream. The same dream we all had once and who can blame them. They are young. If you are trying to get from bare CPL to the first job most will do just about anything.

Right now there is a thread over in the wannabes forum outlining the experiences of some poor bloke in Maun who is trying to crack his first job.

He is living in a tent and doing the "rounds" each day to try and get employed on anything with wings. And he is not alone.There are heaps of others there trying to do the same.

In our neck of the woods countless wannabes do similar and head north each year trying to get a job. The cycle repeats year after year.

For the employers though it all comes down to supply and demand.

For as long as I can remember (40 years) the supply has nearly always exceeded demand. I can't see it changing any time soon so the chances of improving T & C's are, shall we say, suboptimal at best. But no harm in trying.