PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instrument Flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 21:09
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats Next

The piece above refers to the IR which is carried out in a much more controlled invironment and lays out your licence limitations in regards to training a pilot towards an IR.

For instance with the above that you have pasted you cannot teach the IMCR only the IR ? Correct me if I am wrong as I am not an instructor.

But the main point is that exert is relevant to a structured training towards the final goal of an IR and not unofficial training which is leading to nothing other than a better understanding of nav and instrument flying.
At the end of the day the NPPL is still an NPPL with the legal restraints of an NPPL and not an NPPL plus (an instrument qualification)

You could call it an instrument appreciation flight or whatever? its not loggable by the NPPL. He holds an NPPL and as such doesnt need you along to make the flight legal. As long as you dont enter IMC and do all your training under VFR and in VMC if the aircraft itself doesnt comply for IFR flight, what you do in the aircraft is up to you?

Thats how I see it but I maybe way off the mark?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 3rd Feb 2010 at 22:07.