PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instrument Flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 20:30
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello!

bose x:Which is also quite incorrect and as a JAR IR Instructor I am a little shocked that you know so little of the rules.

A JAR Instructor without Instrument restrictions can teach Instrument flying to a pilot without being part of any official course. ...
Not that I sleep with a copy of JAR-FCL under my pillow, but I think I know my rules quite well. This is, what I am allowed to do according to JAR-FCL 1.390:

Code:
JAR–FCL 1.390 Instrument rating instructor rating (aeroplane) (IRI(A)) – 

Privileges 
The privileges of the holder of an IRI(A) rating 
are limited to conduct flight instruction for : 

(a) the issue of an IR(A) single-engine 
aeroplanes; 
(b) the issue of an IR(A) multi-engine 
aeroplanes, provided that the instructor meets 
the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.380(a). 
[(c) the basic phase of training (see 
Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.520 & 1.525) provided 
that the IRI(A) has an IR(A) ME, IR(A) 
instructional privileges; and .....
In short words, this article says: "The privileges of the holder of an IRI(A) rating are limited to conduct flight instruction for the issue of an IR(A)."

I understand it in the way, that for every other purpose (like the training we talk about here that cannot conclude with the issue of an IR(A) because of the underlying NPPL license) I am not allowed to give instrument flying instruction.

And Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.205 states very clearly in several places that "This module (referring to practical instrument flying training) shall be conducted at an approved FTO".

So I, with my very limited knowledge of the rules, from these two articles conclude that I am only allowed to teach instrument flying within an FTO.

But maybe you can (and will) explain to me, how these rules may be interpreted differently!

Looking forward to that!, max