PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C130J just a strat aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2002, 19:36
Mike RO'Channel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RoboA

I am not so arrogant to admit that I might be wrong! In fact I have checked out a few sources and well.........****** and sorry - that's rumour for you!! However, not all of my comments are off the mark - my comments on ALMs and lookout still stands as does the fact that Ks have been better 'trucks' in AFG than the J is at present - of course that may change and its only a matter of perspective and rose-tinted Oakleys on both sides, I suspect. Strangely, there doesn't seem to be much comment from the southside of Lyn on this thread but lots of rattled cages on the northside - does that say something? I suppose it might?

But I must repeat that I am only stating what I have heard from around the houses/bars. Also, I must repeat that I have no axe to grind either way - I am just interested in reality and not supposition. Furthermore, I have many friends at Lyn - both J, K and ground branches. Some have a lot more experience than myself on the Herc but a significant number of people have concerns that things are not all sweetness and light on the J. All that 'people' want from the J is a sensible progression to full Op status (which will surely come) - but not a headlong rush into oblivion. No-one wants a week or more of funerals - been there done that - not again thanks!

I sincerely apologise if I come across as arrogant but I am only taking the lead from the attitude of some (but not all) senior offs on the J side of things (at Lyn and 2 Gp) who have blatantly shunned their oppos on the K.

As i have said before - be careful out there. The J is an impressive beast. However, I am more than convinced that it will bite very hard - likle any a/c - and let's face it, most of us who have ended up on multis are not the 'sharpest knives in the drawer' - by definition. It is those who think they are, that are the arrogant ones.