PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 19:08
MAN777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The stands and taxiways were not thick with snow, there was a very thin coating of rapidly melting slush, its perfectly safe to drive any form of airport vehicle in those conditions WITH CARE. The ground was not frozen as was the case a few weeks ago.

I understand that runways are a different matter, but once off the runway are you telling me that a slow moving airliner is going to be bothered by a bit of slush ?

I never suggested a snow fleet available all year, what i did imply was that maybe with 36 hours notice, some sort of effective team could be put together. I have worked on and off at MAN for 30 years and I dont ever recall such long closures for such small amounts of snow, also the snow clearing fleet MAN had years ago was half the size it is now and the place was kept open, what is so different ??

Hopefully this will be the last snow of the winter and MAG management can get back to running the shops !! Oh by the way dont you need flights actually on the ground at Manchester to supply the shop punters !!!

Last edited by MAN777; 3rd Feb 2010 at 19:23.