PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 19:03
blackred1443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David i seriously doubt there will be anything approaching a boom,remember the uk is now seriously debt stricken as is most of the euro zone. As for there being a pilot shortage anytime soon, im sorry but your being seriously deluded. To be honest i'm now starting to think maybe your trying to wind people up. Look there is a seriously long list of bankrupt airlines over the last 3 years from Zoom,silverjet, globespan,Excel the list goes on and on, do a little research. Thousands of unemployed pilots with lots of experience, 200 ctc cadets threading water in the "pool" which is very stagnant now and more like a cess pit,many of the cadets im told have gone bankrupt.

The ryanair deal is now being described as "better", "better" means you are slightly less likely to get properly canned after six months.The ryr deal has no sick pay, no holiday pay ,pay for your own uniform, no pension, no loss of licence, pay for your own id, pay for your own hotac, pay for your own lpc/opc, no guarantee of any hours, you are a contractor not permenant staff, no crew food, no tea/coffee.This costs you 34k by the way. Rumour has is there is now a drop in the hours these ryr newbees get. The best thing for you to do is a little research. Open The Times tomorrow and see if you see anyone writing about a "boom" in 2 year. I don't know what brand of glue has you thinking about booms in 2 years but i reckon you need to go easy on it. Do your homework its going to cost you if you dont.