PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL/CPL Exams in UK
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 16:36
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL/CPL Exams in UK

I'm toying with the idea of doing the 9 CPL exams in order to meet the theoretical knowledge requirements, so that I can go on to do an FI course and use it with my JAA PPL. I have FAA instructor ratings, but they are legally useless here in the UK as far as the CAA are concerned, and I want keep my hand in instructing over the next couple of years until I can move to the US, while legally logging PIC and "dual given" time.

And so, my questions(s);

Are the 9 (I think) exams for the CPL part of the 14 ATPL exams, or are they specific CPL ones?

Can these be done at a school, along the same lines as the PPL ones... ie, turn up and take them... or do I need to go to all the hassle (and cost) of enrolling on an ATPL course, and going to one of the ATPL test centres (Gatwick, Shuttleworth or wherever)? I have no interest in pursuing an ATPL, or an IR here, paying for a TR and selling my soul to the devil, or any of that nonsense. I just want to use my hard earned instructor training and keep the "Cash And Aggro" happy that I'm not teaching without a JAA FI rating.

If anyone can help me out, with worthwhile answers, and without this resulting in a slagging match, I would appreciate it.

Thankyou!