PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 15:09
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon All,
Hope all is well and good, another day has passed me by in Maun. And without any luck I’m still unemployed. However another early start, showing my face to the operators. I know no one will recruit now because all companies have hired.
I find that the situation is no longer about staying around and being the last person. It is also not the case of holding out and making friends. The truth is everyone who needed to be hired is hired.
I do wish something else comes through soon, I do still have hope. But staying here would now be a waste of time. I am now stuck between a rock and a hard place; I have notified the operators that I am thinking about leaving next week to return home.
I will try and confirm my tickets back to the UK on Friday, but I would be happy to return back to Africa in a heartbeat given the chance.
I feel like I have failed on this tour and as much as I dislike people who have paid for a TR and 500 hours it now seems not to be such a bad idea as at least those guys still have an edge above people like me. However I will never attempt doing something I completely disagree with
I don’t know what else to say, for the first time I’m lost for words and ideas!!

Take care