PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankruptcy - Does it affect employment?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 13:08
mukoba737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather flyer,

this is a great story and I hope that you will succeed in your future ways and as we all no despite having plans, things can go wrong.

I had the case that i had the employment contract in my hand, passed the assessment and at the end, once the financial crisis hit, got laid off. there I was with my debts which did include my family...

I had the chance to find a few friends who gave me a loan...the airline would not stand straight as there is a mentioning in the contract about bankrupcy.

But anyway, I got some friend which could lend me a bit of cash for me to go look for some time in the air so that I could repay the loan of my family. At that time my father could not pay back the loan he had taken for me and the bank was about to take the house from him.

All because of me. I did not feel to well in those times. And I had learned as WF did, that in life situations happen, where everything that can go wrong simply does.

I am still in the application process and have been spending 1 year simply looking around and applying. I bet some here have tried longer. But I found my luck with a company that offers employment with and without type rating ...but with a intensive selection. Well, most people think, oh, you declaire that you do not have money and start searching for money. guys, as WF said, there are things you need when you want to find a job in this industry. At least you will need that little bit of cash which will take you there and give you the option to find out what your chances are.

Today pilots are nothing special for banks anymore. Unless you are with a tinny bank...you will experience that saying you are a pilot makes you a risk. I remeber when i tried to get the loan without any security...guys in the environment today...despite having no big issues financially...they did not take the risk. So my advise, bankrupt means a new beginning. Be more clever, think in worrst case szenarios and calculate your risk as you will need all your options when the case comes.

p.s. I had a interview as well, where they asked me how my financial standing is. It was somehow related to how do i plan and how do I manage my life.
Was strange but understandable...i mean, i did not have to answer if I did not want to.

good luck to everyone.

m737