PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Cargo Rumours (early 2010)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 09:06
leewan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heracles,
The last post may have come across as a tad too hostile as I read your post previous to that as such. But i do agree with you that this forum is for rumors and everyone shall be free to post their opinions and hearsays.

Now back to business. As I understand from ur previous posts, the leasing corporation for SFA and SFB, BoA, wishes to end their lease agreement and take back the a/c. But in a lease agreement, the bank is usually the beneficiary in the relationship as it gets a steady income irregardless of the a/c's usage.( Could be wrong here) Could it be that SQC did its financial sums and realised it's cheaper to operate its wholly owned a/c rather than leased a/cs and is starting to end the leasing agreements of such a/c. After all, they spent most of the year on ground. The age of the a/cs could be an additional factor in ending their agreements.

Or BoA found an airline which was willing to pay more for the leases and it decided not to renew the lease contract. The Financial Year for SQC is ending soon, and as you said, "innovative" measures come into play to minimize the red inks.

Just my two cents.