PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Cargo Rumours (early 2010)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 04:20
Heracles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leewan,
I did NOT mean to minimize your opinion or knowledge,,I was simply hoping to spur any of the lurking observers to add to the THEORY "brainstorm". You are quite right,, after 16 odd years no-one cares which ship is 6 weeks older than the next, which one first flew on thursday as opposed to the following monday,,etc.,, and that was my point. This is NOT about the age of the SQC fleet, more about who actually owns the ships.
Perhaps some of the "bigger players" are deciding SQC's future path. "They are my toys and I'll do as I damned please with them". Or the stockholders want performance in THIS quarter? Best way?,, SELL a few 744's, instant ink in the black column, but at what cost? The "BanC of America addressed in Ireland" thing is juicy though.
FWIW,, I do know that there was no, as yet approved, modification for a 777BCF; and for the foreseeable future no way Boeing will encourage that. It would directly compete with the 777F and the 747-8. I sandbaged that.

This forum, as I understand it, is a RUMOUR NETWORK,,(see post #1,line #1) my hopes are that by combining enough rumours, those concerned can divine a few nuggets of fact. Of course, this theory falls short if no-one plays.
Cheers