PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2002, 16:47
BEagle

Received 327 Likes on 115 Posts
I have now received a courteous and comprehensive reply from David Cameron MP, together with a copy of Hansard dated 19 Mar 2002 giving the full transcript of the Opposition Day Debate.

He has reminded me that the Rt Hon David Davis, the Chairman of the Conservative Party, said that : the only honourable course for the Government now is to reinstate the reputations of the two brave young pilots who lost their lives. The Lords Select Committee report confirms the conclusion of two previous inquiries that there was a miscarriage of justice."

Mr Cameron went on to say "You have asked me to sign EDM829 but I have to say that, in my opinion, these EDMs have very limited impact. I think it ismuch more effective to make sure your concerns are brought directly to the Secretary of State for Defence and this I have done. I will contact you again when I have his response"

However, he concludes "On this occasion I have signed, because in a very specific case like this, the weight of numbers may help to force the Government's hand."

Thank you very much indeed, David Cameron MP, I'm sure that your efforts will be much appreciated by Brian and the campaigners.