PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to Paris
Thread: Qantas to Paris
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 22:13
MrWooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your pay for a job is all about skills required, who can do the job, are you easily replaced, etc. As pilots, your looking at years of training, skill development etc. We are finite resource as was seen in the recent pilot shortage, and given the forecast growth in our area it will happen again. I think pilots are paid fairly for the skills required and the responsibility we have. Some pilots have chosen to sell their skills a bit cheaper to gain that job, thats their choice. There is bit of argy bargy about our pay levels at the moment, management trying to reduce costs, pilots trying to maintain them. Hopefully we can bring the pay of LCC's up without too much of a drop in pay for full service airlines. But overall, if you want good pilots you have to pay for them.

However with flight attendants I would say that most Qf cabin crew would secretly admit they are paid extremely well for the work they do and the skills required. I wish they could maintain that position, however if you can be replaced with someone who has a few weeks training, its going to be very difficult to maintain your pricing power.