PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to Paris
Thread: Qantas to Paris
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 20:12
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But to say that QF tech crew wish lower conditions upon our cabin crew is inaccurate.
Why then was the comment by Mr Wooby.
If we had 777's and QCCA cabin crew operating in them, we could offer a profitable full service option to ports in Europe with a known and trusted brand.
It seems fairly obvious to anyone reading that comment that the author means to have cheaper cabin crew would mean the airline would be more profitable.

The same then would be true about any group in the airline including tech crew.
The politics about that decision have been debated time and again and there is no point going over them again.Not all of us agreed with the idea and still don't but sometimes you are left with no other option.
I remember the 400 influenced tech crew union making some agreements that had the 767 tech crew seething.
So if you are telling us that your union is one big happy bunch you can pull the other one.
I remember watching 2 groups of tech crew (767 and 747) in Cairns drinking at separate tables and not mixing.There was also the infamous statement made by the head of your union about not trusting any 767 tech crew.
Hopefully tech crew will not do the same!
This has already been talked about in other posts when your union did not let the impulse guys join.
The result was onestar.So much for solidarity.

Your union and some tech crew also agreed to AO.There you had QF tech crew flying the 767 on different terms and conditions with QF and AO.That set the ball rolling for Darth to start up Onestar.

I don't want to start an argument but the airline had us over a barrel.We don't have the industrial power that you guys have and even now I'm still not happy about it but I honestly think that if the airline had you guys in the same situation your union and you guys would do the same.