PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA to Flexwing microlight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 19:58
swopiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis! I must protest! You are giving folks a very negative view of the F2a. One thinking about that level of flex should not be discouraged. Certainly if mucked around with (without the skills and understanding to safely do so) it will cause you problems, but wouldn't the same be true for any wing? Obviously I defer to your greater knowledge here, but my only evidence is that I fly an Alpha and as yet it has failed to kill me. The same is true for many of my friends who also fly alpha winged beasts. If looking for a flex around the £2-4k mark, an Alpha will do as well as a Q surely? I love the way it flies. I think I'd still rather have a Raven, but that has nothing to do with any safety records.

Interestingly, I was warned off the Peg XL when I was looking, as I was told it needs constant re-profiling to maintain decent flight characteristics.

Anyway, If what you say is true, and I'm sure it is, an Alpha will only cause you problems if you are an idiot and try to fiddle too much. Sorry to harp on, but I don't want to see anyone steered away from Alphas or people who fly them to lose confidence in their machine.

D.