PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 19:24
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening All,

Firstly please let me take this opportunity to apologise for not posting yesterday. I would be lying if I told you that I had a good reason. The truth is I was extremely tired after helping out the operators. Even to the extent that I missed my lunch and dinner and fell asleep.

As I have said before Maun is a strange place. And even stranger is how things plan out here. I would be more than happy to tell you that I have been hired, however that is not the case. And by the looks of it, it will not be the case for a long time. It has now been drawn to my attention however cannot be ruled out that all doors in Maun are closed. This year it seems to be that more people have been recruited from outside of Maun than within.

Today has been an experience to say the least, I was trying to follow up a lead in one of the neighbouring countries. After trying to get on a flight from one of the operators in Maun and being unsuccessful I decided to drive the journey with a friend of mine. The journey would have been in total of 2200km return. However after driving for several hours I was stopped at a police check point to be advised that the car tax disc had been expired. I cannot fault anyone but myself for not checking. However the police check point I was stopped at was about 200km away from the closest town which had an operating cash machine. The officer in charge was adamant of either impounding the vehicle or paying 1500BWP cash. Like many have advised it is not wise to carry such large amounts. The officer would not allow me to go and collect the money so for that reason I have had to leave the car there and hitch a ride back to Maun.

Like many of you I have hope, and like many of you we come across obstacles to succeed in our journey. These are my obstacles, and I completely understand that sometimes our confidence and postures get dented from time to time. I feel this is happening to me, but believe me when I say I still have my hope, strength and courage. As I have come to learn over the past four weeks that tomorrow is a new day. And I will use any opportunity to utilise my qualities to succeed.

I beg you all not to let your spirits down as I have done in the past. We are all feeling the pressures of our industry, but we must believe that one day we will succeed in our endeavours to become fully fledged pilots.

I hope this post and all the ones yet to come find you content, and if you find your not I hope you find the courage to do so. And as always this is your thread too. Thank you all for reading, posting and PM. If you find in your hearts and have any leads and contacts please PM me.

For now take care

Kash