PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 12:51
JazzyKex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MarkyMark,

In every walk of life employees have to make the same decision. Do the terms and conditions of my current/future employment match the requirements I have in terms of pay and lifestyle.

BA is not changing the pay but imposing an alteration on the work regime (this is NOT a strike about Newfleet).

What I find strange is that rather than do what every other employee would do and move your employment to somewhere/one that suits you better you feel the best course of action is to disable your current employer and so put at risk 40,000 jobs not to mention those of the associated sub contractors. Do you wonder why there is such resentment or why there is a growing 'scab' workforce?

If you feel your skills, time and general wellbeing are suited to another job then leave, that is your personal choice.

As for BA making money???? Are you another member of the company who thinks filled seats equates to profit? Good luck with your business.

Jazzy