PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKA runway incursion HKG
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 10:41
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aussiestinks

Don’t get your panties in a knot. Some of us actually have to go to work sometimes.

I will let you in on a little secret though. There are three parties to this event. HKA is only one of them. Until the investigation is complete Pprune isn’t the place to discuss in detail what I have been told.

I will leave you with this final thought. What if the weather was like Christmas day with low RVR’s due fog. All jet arrivals are being fed onto 07R due night time maintenance on 07L. Most pax aircraft after completing an auto land in LWMO conditions have been exiting 07R via J6 and J7. Just as a B747-400 lands on 07R with the intent to exit via J7 a HKA B737-800 takes a wrong turn and ends up unknown to both ATC and the landing B747-400 crew, taxiing the wrong way up J7. They realise their mistake when the red stop bars come into view in the thick fog. Luckily they overt a serious runway incursion by managing to pull up before them just as the B747 crew exit on J7 with a mid point RVR of 150m. The outcome unfortunately is self-explanatory.