PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 07:06
Chickenlickin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been following this thread for some time. I get the feeling many BA cabin crew are voting Yes to strike action in the hope that WW will cave in and reinstate crewing levels. This is not going to happen, simply because BA cannot afford it. Going on strike is not the answer, believe me I know about these things. I have been on strike myself (20 years ago) and it was awful, sitting at home and wondering when we could get back to work. I ended up losing a lot of pay for no end result. My hope is that cabin crew will really look at things with a new perspective and hand on heart, think..... has my work load increased so drastically, that strike action is really appropriate. You have the best terms and conditions of any British cabin crew and working just a little bit harder isn't the end of the world. Come on guys and girls, please realise that this is just not right. Why do you think many BA employees are turning against cabin crew in large numbers, pilots, engineers, ground staff? It's not because they all have personal vendettas against cabin crew, it's because they strongly believe what BASSA is doing is just WRONG. The savings BASSA proposed were not worth £100 million as you have been lead to believe by your union. It was independently audited by PWC and was valued at around £56 million. That's why BA couldn't agree, it's not a personal attack on cabin crew, it's just that BASSA's sums didn't add up. Some come on BA Cabin crew, let's turn this dispute around and move forward with a positive attitude that together working WITH the management team, you can make BA the fantastic airline it is. You know you want to!