PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 06:27
Captain Oryx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Neon Glitter
Is that my fault? Or should I not ask about a possible future job and its family arrangements. I'm sorry for the 320 guys, but not accepting a job there wont change that by the sounds of it
Skywriter,

Welcome to Qatar Airways!

If you've been on this board, you are aware that there is a small, albeit noisy group of individuals who are constantly stirring up ****e.

If it's not about their inability to change fleets, which you and I have nothing to do with, then it's "alphabet soup" gossip talking about what ABC did to QRX after talking to TUV that was heard from the cabin cleaner in LHR.

Best bet, ignore them. You probably will never know who they are talking about, so don't even try. It's not worth the effort.

On the subject of attire. The attire in Ain Khalid is not necessarily acceptable elsewhere. You will see expats in the malls in shorts and women with bare shoulders but that doesn't make it "acceptable".

The general rule of thumb my family use when venturing outside the compound is long pants and shirts with sleeves(long or short) for men, slacks or dresses below the knee and shoulders covered for women.

Welcome, and good luck!!