PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 05:16
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As ex engineering and now a PAX, could I make a couple of comments;

To those CC who are asking for the nitty gritty details of PCC, the only response that can be given, is that it is a possible alternative representation of CC in discussing with BA in a sensible manner, the needs of everyone involved in trying to keep BA on a stable footing. Because PCC has arisen out of the incompetance of BASSA etc., in the last few weeks, it can only be better formulated as events unfold in the next few weeks.

To try and keep militant levels down, refuse to take anyone as a member of PCC who has been a rep or officer of BASSA etc., in the past 12 -24 months. This is not illegal, there are other unions they can join.

Only accept those that voted NO as this is the percentage of the CC population that you are interested in representing. To anyone who says that this is divisive, the answer is - too late - BASSA has already created that division, coupled with threats and bully boy tactics.

Don't accept anyone who has gone off sick on the vital date(s).

Take the subs level down to £10pcm - you don't need £15, particularly if you have no affiliation fees to pay, or large sums to officers and reps. Extra savings for the members are always welcome.

If as stated you are posting the complete reports etc., on the PCC website, may I suggest that you also post a synopsis, which will allow for a more digestible intake (understanding), coupled with the ability to check the detail if needed.

I wish you all the very best in the outcome of this fiasco, and can only hope that these remenents of trade union job retention activities from the great days of Arthur Scargill (miners), Red Robbo (cars), Merseyside docks, the Newspaper industry (Wapping & the Independant) etc., can feel really proud of standing firm on their principles as they vanish below the surface of civilisation.

Cheers Entaxei.

Last edited by Entaxei; 2nd Feb 2010 at 05:17. Reason: Spell (casting)