PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 1st Feb 2010, 18:41
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonight ... sleep easy, whether at home or in a bunk or down-route. There is nothing [tonight] that you can do. The High Court will make a decision tomorrow, and from there things will move in 'various directions'.

Over the last month or so following this Thread, I have learned much about BA CC. Some of it, I will admit, has been negative and disappointingly enlightening: equally, much of it has been good. The response of other BA colleagues to the current 'situation' tells me, clearly, where the good people of BA are standing. I applaud you all, especially in the light of the BASSA militants' behaviour, for your restraint and loyalty.

PCC ... you have an uphill climb, but I have a feeling you will rescue, from the ashes of BASSA, a core of loyal and hardworking people who support the airline. I wish you, most sincerely, the very best of luck for the future. Your principles seem sound, and your commitment is clear.

BASSA ... from what I have seen and read, you are shameful. Self-interest, bullying, and dishonesty are just my 'starters for 10'. You may have had a role once, in 'protecting CC from the impositions of management'. As I see it, you are now protecting your 'inner circle' from the reality of your employer's financial difficulties. The less-aware members who support you will discover where they have been led in due course.

BA ... please tread carefully, as I am [almost] sure you will. Thousands of your employees stand beside you in this tragic squabble. Please don't fail to respect their loyalty when the dust settles.

Passengers ... whatever. We'll just stand in another queue

Good luck for tomorrow.