PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 1st Feb 2010, 16:50
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You show where you are coming from reasonably well, but not where you see yourselves going. I strongly recommend describing, at the very least, the primary goals of your Council.
I have had the pleasure of talking to the people behind the PCC, and I would share their view that they have stated their aims as clearly as then can at the current time. It's a sad reflection on a poisonous "union" that they have to do it this way.

I echo the sentiment mentioned earlier that they should link to this thread on their site, rather than setup their own, which will inevitably result in the BASSA hierarchy sending in their minions, deceitfully as ever, to try and hijack them.

I also think that they are waiting to receive sufficient numbers of genuine support from their fellow cabin crew, many of whom are rightfully disillusioned at the sheer detritus put out by the BASSA leadership.

The court case is a watershed, and the ballot result is the next. The gleeful backslapping meeting of the plebs at whatever venue wishes to host them is frankly irrelevant.

I hope any cabin crew member who wishes to at least have a different perspective to the repeated dishonest and threatening vitriol from BASSA emails the PCC and asks any question they wish.

It is my perception that the PCC have the right idea and do not wish to state their aims until they have a consensus from the people that don't wish to "join a union". They offer a chance for CC to become part of an organisation in which they have a free and unfettered voice, and to which they can contribute. I suspect they will not issue a charter until they have actually listened to, and taken on board, the opinions of those interested.

This surely is better than hanging their hopes on a bunch of overpaid old contract dinosaurs and a left wing union which is in the midst of a battle to see who's the best trade unionist - at the great expense of the people who want to be represented by them.

All I see, as an outsider, is Malone, the kitchen fitter and the other selfish BASSA leaders, and Woodley, Simpson and McLuskey fighting their own battles - and none of these people give a about the people they are supposed to be representing. They only care about themselves.

If you are BA cabin crew reading this thread for the first time, please email the PCC and ask them what they are all about - you may find you have an awful lot in common.

If you are a BASSA diehard, be aware that those of us outside the battle, but with a vested interest, can spot you a mile off, and no amount of Cheryl Cole songs and veiled threats to them will be tolerated.

I am ex-BA gold card slf, and support our national carrier and the sensible members of cabin crew - and every other department - that still make it the world's greatest airline. I look forward to flying BA again for the first time in years if you get rid of these leeches.

To survive, the supportive stakeholders in BA need to get rid of the cancer that is BASSA and the spongers that live off it, and work together for everyones benefit.

Vote No. Talk to the PCC. And Stop giving 15 quid a month to these blood suckers.

Regards,
D