PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 1st Feb 2010, 13:55
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fully support the concept that the enlightened people who are trying to put together the PCCC initative, borne as it was in part through the meaningful exchange of information on tis forum.

I would suggest caution as to what it can possibly achieve in the current dispute however. I think that this is way too far down the road for any group to influence the outcome, and certainly not a group that yet has to achieve recognition.

Where I can see the PCCC emerging is in the aftermath when BASSA and CC89 and Unite are tearing themselves apart reflecting where it all went wrong. To BASSA, of course, it will be BA/BALPA/Unite/Amicus/TRM's/The City/The Daily Mail and never their own tactics. At that point there may well be an opportunity for a new grouping such as the PCCC to gather support from the many disillusioned Unite members of both colours and to then approach the company for recognition.

I urge caution, not to undermine the PCCC but merely so as people don't expect too much too soon, thus extinguishing an ember that needs carefully feeeding to fully develop.

We are now approaching the beginning of the end of this chess game, and there will/can be only one winner - you can tell which way it's going by the increasingly rabbid rantings emanating on a daily basis from Malone.