PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 1st Feb 2010, 07:52
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's time to wake up, I did some time ago....

I resigned from BASSA several years ago having seen the light then and joined Amicus. AMICUS was a Union then that refreshingly, had it's own views seeking to work with BA not against it.

In the summer of 2009, AMICUS was still independent in it's way of thinking from BASSA, sadly AMICUS has now lost the intelligence it had thus following the BASSA rhetoric. It's still my belief that some of the AMCUS reps don't all quite agree with BASSA however they are outnumbered and majority wins in this case.

I have been with BA well over a quarter of a century and having been through two strikes in 1984 and 1997 plus the near strike in 2007, have seen little change in the way BASSA conduct themselves.

As has been mentioned several times in this thread, BA's changes to us are minimal and compared to other employees inside and outside BA, we are extremely fortunate with what little we've had to give up when many industries are going bust.
In fact, at the moment, I'll go so far to say that we've got off lightly, but we won't if BASSA continues the way it's going.

The BASSA strike supporters keep harping on about BA not wanting to talk, why on earth didn't BASSA approach BA and ask to trial the crew complements back in the summer?
They could have done that for three months and it could have been a point for negotiation. We all knew that if BASSA didn't agree to the changes, new crewing levels would be imposed, everyone knew that. BASSA had time on their side but chose to ignore it and they can only blame themselves for the sorry mess we're in, not BA.

I've paid pension contributions for 26 years and I too, have a lot too lose, not just my Flight Deck colleagues as BASSA keep saying. The mind boggles that the senior reps in BASSA have exactly the same to lose yet for the life of me I can't quite fathom why they are prepared to go on a suicide mission taking the rest of the innocent crew community with them.

I will come to work in the event of a strike and will not support any industrial action against BA.

I will not let BASSA destroy the job I love taking everything away from me. I will do everything I can to work any day and every day that BA require of me to get our customers from A to B and give my full support to those who have volunteered to work with me. To those who have volunteered to fly as cabin crew, it takes guts to do what you are doing and likewise, my cabin crew colleagues who will work with me. I take my hat of to all of you.
So come on everyone, please Vote NO to strike action, save your jobs and save BA. I will simply not allow BASSA to destroy BA.

I'm BA Cabin Crew and the above represent my view and not those of BA.

Last edited by Tiramisu; 1st Feb 2010 at 08:27.