PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKA runway incursion HKG
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2010, 06:39
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From memory the stop bars are automatically selected on the high speed exits according to which runway is selected.This is to prevent the situation that nearly happened.There is no need to have a stop bar deselected in that area,and you only deselect them to allow something to enter the runway.
Also you used to be able to select the default taxi route in that area.What I'm a little concerned is that Ground South didn't pick it up sooner,although in practice you can be looking at the south /west /cargo aprons.
Runway incursions can happen for all sorts of reasons especially if you start introducing vehicles into the equation.There was another layer of Cheese to go on this incident.The pilot noticed eventually and stopped.The stopbar stopped the aircraft.I'm sure GMS told the aircraft to stop.AMS told the departure to stop.Very good call.There is also a warning on the Surface movement radar,so the controller can see if there is a problem.I wouldn't have thought that situation would have triggered an alert because the aircraft didn't cross the stop bar.
Perhaps Hong Kong Airlines would be wise to look up what happened at Milan,and stop talking a load of old cck.