PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opportunity with start-up in Hawaii - NZ company
Old 1st Feb 2010, 05:12
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sue Ridgepipe

Don't get me wrong, my career path is neither the only or the best one. Mostly it was shaped by airline bankruptcies, booms and busts, that sort of stuff.

At the end of the day, you choose the path you want, no path is any better or worse than any other IMHO. All I'm saying is if you want to advance quickly, you are far better off doing it somewhere other than Oz. But if you like the GA scene and the place itself, then all power to you and enjoy the ride!

If it makes you feel any better, I've had enough of the airlines now and I'm thinking about getting back into GA. The airline life isn't necessarily a very satisfying one.

All this is quite relevant to the topic, which is basically about an alternate path to commercial flying.

slice

the days of employer paid endorsements have been gone almost as long in Europe as here in Australia.
Not true. The majority of airlines will type-rate you on the basis of a bond. Only the lo-cos require the type rating.

What is "band camp"?