PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qn: How do you do it - ie. manage the family?
Old 1st Feb 2010, 00:25
40Deg STH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bunglerat

A very well written post. I have been commuting for 10 years back to Australia and my wife of 16 years and 2 young kids have been true inspiration and support to me throughout.
My wife always says, she never want me to be sitting in my chair in retirement and having regrets. Having now achieved my goals/dreams and having a secure well paid job which pays for great education for my children and a privilaged lifestyle for all the family, its now time for the commuting to cease and my family are moving to Hong Kong so we can now enjoy more time and travel together.
My wife has been an inspiration to me through the whole thing and I know I would not be here now if it was not for her support and love.
When we met 16 years ago, i was Captain on a regional airline, so she never married for money and just between us, was not for my "industrial looks either".
Seeing my fiends over the years, I have seen it takes a special wife to be an "Aviation " wife.
I'm very lucky, I have one and am hanging onto her while longer!!

Good luck