PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKA runway incursion HKG
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2010, 22:01
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
etops777

You won’t get any argument from me about Australian ATC. It’s the second best ATC system in the world after all.

Regarding KUL ATC. They are generally OK except sometimes they speak way too quickly. With their Malay accent it can at times be difficult to understand them, especially if you haven’t been in there for a while. If you don’t understand them you ask them to say it again. It is the only safe thing to do.

tsimbeit

Do you have a problem focussing? This is a thread about your airline, not about some psycho babble and fairies at the bottom of the garden. Your airline came within a few metres of causing a disaster and you can’t see their failings. What if the stop bar lights were off? They sometimes are. HKG is your airlines home port after all. This is a failing by the crew on the day but more importantly it has exposed a gaping hole in your airlines culture when you (presumably a manager there) cann't even see these failings.

I don’t and have never worked for HKA so therefore I have no axe to grind with them. We all make mistakes. It is how you deal with these mistakes that will determine whether you will learn from them.

Last edited by 404 Titan; 1st Feb 2010 at 01:41.