PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yahoo advertising. Angry as @$#% about this
Old 31st Jan 2010, 20:19
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I've used FF for several years. Wife uses IE for banking. (thinks, that might be the reason our investments are cr@p)

Yahoo just appeared with the provider's bundle. Yes, we could change, but it's the old Why Should We??!! thing again.

The adds have only recently become obtrusive. Not being able to go straight to my in folder from Bookmarks only happened a few days ago. Why fix something that's working?

I asked them 'Who makes these executive decisions?' Among other questions . . . and suggestions.

Ad Blocker Plus. The things that went missing were mostly pics on Pprune. I seemed to have attacked the problem rather too vigorously.

Most, if not all 'targets' were obtained in the way mentioned above. Several right click tries to get rid of the beard didn't produce any invitation to block...then suddenly it did.

One will persevere.

I was getting a little fed up with my mail handling soft. It was just about okay, so one job that didn't need addressing. Maybe now move into the modern world. Having said this...I'm still writing on WP 8, even with the rather spiffing 2010 Office Beta running.

BTW, I have seldom turned the blocker on over the last few weeks, and Pprune is showing me a full width screen again.

Have they relented a tad?