PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 31st Jan 2010, 16:41
earleyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muizenberg.

I have read your posts and others with interest. Yes there have been some major cock ups in the past but not costing the amounts you quote ( billions)
Price fixing cost us £170 million
Cargo fixing £100 million
Fuel hedging, we are actually up £194 million and well placed to take advantage this year.
Your average of £100,000 pay off per Manager is way out.
No managers are not getting a bonus this year or next or did indeed last year. In addition there will be no pay rise for Managers for the next two years again none last year. Really don't know were you are getting your info on managers from

How much has the threat of CC going on strike cost ??

I like many of my colleagues on the ground have volunteered to cover CC during the strike period, if needed. As I want to protect my 33 year pension and will be proud if I can do the same for others. Last but by no means least protect the company from going bust.

But as I am slightly long in the tooth. I will be pretty well down the very long list of ground workers ( from what I am hearing ) who are volunteering.

I do hope your BASSA reps and CC hotheads get what is coming to you. If CC think you have any support from other areas, you are very much mistaken, just pop down to the ramp and tell the guys ( all who have given up far more than you are being asked to do over the last two years ) you are striking and see what reaction you get.