PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOTS Church Fenton
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2010, 16:26
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did Orderly Officer Under Instruction with D H-H! What a night that was! "Nah, we don't have to do that. No, don't bother with that" was his regular chant.

When he was flying Hunters in MEAF, during Happy Hour, he would keep riding his motorbike round and round the rose bed in front of the OM at Bahrain (I think it was there but it may have been Salalah) before eventually bisecting the bed via the path that halved it and crashing in through the open front doors (duly pulled apart by accomplices) of the mess and parking his motorbike on the entrance hall carpet! Eventually, the PMC was so pi**ed off with him doing it that he (the PMC) planted 2 concrete bollards at each end of the bisecting path - so incensed was D H-H at this action that he stole a pneumatic drill, dug up one of the concrete bollards and recemented it in the open door of the PMC's office in the mess! Later, at CF, he blasted a pint pot out of the Educ Off's hands in the bar with his 'feusil' (a blunderbuss so the story goes) - for that he was court martialled.

He was also supposed to be the guy tasked at CF with taking an Iraqi pilot up to practise approaches against a cloud (the poor lad was not good enough to even practise doing approaches to the runway with a QFI behind him in a chippy). D H-H, having eventually had enough, evidently hit the Tx and said "I'm pi**ed off" - the Approach Controller exclaimed "Who said that? Calssign please" to which D H-H said, "I'm not that pi**ed off"! Apochryphal I know but I heard it first at CF when I was doing my OOI/U with D H-H!

Teeters - was the offence carried out at Linton or CF? 'Cos I was definitely at CF from Jan - Jul 69 and D H-H was there in No 1 Officers' Mess. However, he may have been back there following his CM?

Foldie