PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 31st Jan 2010, 16:15
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A cold day in Paradise.

For a while I thought everyone had retired to their respective bunkers pending Monday's entertainment in the High Court. So, I sat and watched the hail, which turned to sleet and then to snow, before lifting my spirits with a nice mixed game casserole and some Wolf Blass Shiraz. Now I discover you were just waiting until my back was turned!

So ....

Ms Malone is lashing out in all directions, but especially at the Flight Deck. These wicked aircraft drivers are paid for more skills and responsibilities than she could possibly imagine. And then they DARE to try to keep BA operating by "helping down the back"? Name and shame!!
Just because a few selfish pilots have chosen to become involved in “strike breaking” we need to maintain a dignified relationship and a sense of proportion.
Dignified? When did BASSA last do 'dignified'? Can anyone suggest when that was?

Is there any proof of those "... First Officers and Captains who have been in touch with us over the last week to say how ashamed they are at their colleagues’ behaviour and how sickened they are with BALPA’s hypocrisy"? I doubt that the temperature in Hades is low enough for a frost, so I won't hold my breath for that evidence.

Do I detect a degree of desperation at BASSA?

And is the Court delay in any way associated with Unite being leaned on from 'above' to try and stop this getting really silly?

At one stage I was relatively happy to listen to both sides. The latest outpourings from BASSA have completely convinced me that they have to go, one way or another. I earnestly hope that the company and the intelligent CC will survive this tragic debacle.