PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2010, 15:54
Riverboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair comment, Windswept. Let's hope that that is the case. I was looking at their parent's activities, viz:

"Airport Development Partners SA is a private airport investment and development company dedicated to the development of regional airports across Europe. The company is a subsidiary of Westcore Properties (Westcore Properties), a leading commercial real estate and public infrastructure investment company headquartered in San Diego, USA."

But I would still like to point out that it is not going to be easy to develop Coventry Airport. Windswept, do you have any thoughts on how they might develop it into a profitable operation, given its abysmal financial history (never made a profit in living memory, according to one observer who ought to know), and the resolute determination of WDC to stop its development?

I'd be very pleased if ADP can come up with something, whilst not charging increased landing and parking fees, compulsory handling (which they'd provide), increased fuel charges, etc.

Incidentally, I might be wrong, but I don't think ADP have ever run or developed a regional airport. Nothing wrong with that - we all have to start somewhere - but it does mean that there isn't a track record we can look at. Does anyone know if this is correct, or have ADP actually run an airport before?

RB