PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student dual hours replace solo hours?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2010, 11:07
Fingermouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I DO find it a little odd that I require no instruction as I have been ready for cross country and skills test since I arrived back in the U.K., having already completed a cross country and was going for a skills test in the U.S. when I had to return. The instructor was busy, not monitoritng, and I was told by the school that they charge dual as this is what the CAA say we have to do and every flight school has to do it (but I have never heard of anything like this before).

I checked with the CAA my requirements on return to the U.K. to become JAA PPL qualified -I would need to pass the JAA exams and complete a U.K. cross country and skills test. Simple enough. Flight school said about 10 hours should get it done. So lets do it. This is new issue though it seems so may check with the CAA come Monday..

I haven't ever paid for dual when solo before in my training so seems a little strange hence this thread to see what other pilots have experienced.

As for the insults on this page such as 'cheapskate' (not very professional, I believe good/bad training experiences and cash don't nessessarilly relate to one another as some people will just take and take and give back nothing of any use apart from hours in your log book), well I could find every CFI in the world and give them a wheelbarrow full of my money just for the hell of it, but why should I. lol are you a CFI by any chance 'Scamartist'? In fact, your name says it all, 'flaming' hell. Lets have a useful debate please